The holidays are drawing near! As you purchase and prepare to send gifts to loved ones for the holidays, you may run into some issues with packaging. Wrapping a beautiful gift is a form of art, but some packages and objects are not ideally shaped for wrapping and can cause puckering, bubbles or tears in your gift wrap.
Of course, you still want to provide your loved one with gorgeous Christmas gifts in Murfreesboro, TN. Here are some tips on how to wrap unusually shaped items this holiday season:
- Decorative bag: Using a decorative bag is a classic way to present holiday gifts to loved ones without the hassle of gift wrapping in Murfreesboro, TN. Presentation is still very important when using a bag, so wrap the item in a piece of tissue paper, put it in the bag and add decorative tissue paper on top, as well as a bow or a tag.
- Scarf lotus wrap: If the individual receiving your gift will appreciate a beautiful scarf, you can create two gifts in one by wrapping the oddly shaped gift in a decorative scarf. The “lotus wrap” style works perfectly with scarves. Lay the scarf out flat and place the gift on a diagonal in the center. Pull two opposite corners together and tie in a square knot. Flatten out the edges of the knot, then repeat with the other two corners, also flattening out the edges. The result is a beautiful, decorative wrapping with look-alike lotus petals at the top.
- Create a gift sack: Cut out a large square of wrapping paper and place your gift in the center. Pull the four corners of the paper together above the gift and bunch the paper together in the middle above the present. Tie the paper closed with your choice of decorative ribbon, bows and other accents. If the leftover paper above the bow is too long, you can trim it down to size with scissors. You can also achieve this look with a decorative piece of fabric or scarf.
- Gift box: For small, delicate items like jewelry, purchase a decorative gift box to place the items in, then wrap the box how you normally would and adorn it with a small bow.
- Use unusual angles: If you’d like to form-fit your gift, you can use tissue paper or gift wrapping in Murfreesboro, TN and fold it with abnormal angles to create a beautiful and secure present. Lay the gift on the wrapping paper and create deep, shallow or wide-angle folds in the paper, keeping the edge of the gift wrap as close to the gift as possible and taping sections to the paper (never to the gift itself). Once you have one section or side of the gift wrapped, flip it over and use another sheet of tissue or wrapping paper to cover the remaining exposed areas with the same folding method. Use double-sided tape to hide any tape marks and wrap the gift with ribbon or string to cover awkward paper lines.
Visit Peddler Interiors & Gifts to find beautiful, unique Christmas gifts in Murfreesboro, TN for your loved ones. And if you buy a gift from our hand-selected showroom, we’ll happily wrap it and ship it on your behalf to anywhere within the United States.