What’s next on your renovation calendar? Do you plan to work with an interior designer on your Murfreesboro project? Whether you definitely plan to work with an expert in home décor or are just considering the option, there are a few things you should know.
Use the following as a guide as you move forward with your plans for your new interior. These tips will help you select the best designer for your needs and keep your project running smoothly:
- Benefits: If you’re not sure whether to hire an interior expert, consider the benefits a designer offers. You’ll save countless hours researching products. You’ll also avoid disastrous selections and other design missteps. The designer can provide everything from product samples to detailed tasks, such as buying the paint and fabric and overseeing installations.
- Billing: Not all interior designers bill in the same manner. You’ll find that some charge a flat fee, others offer free services and still others charge by the hour. Keep in mind that those who don’t charge for services are typically compensated by specific manufacturers. You’ll probably be pressured to buy certain products. You must also be careful when working with flat-rate designers, as you may pay for the entire job but part ways before the project is finished due to service dissatisfaction. Top professionals typically charge by the hour; however, this rate varies based on experience and expertise.
- Planning: Bring in your expert in interior design in at the project’s outset. The designer can help with basic structural input that will affect the future interior décor. You don’t want to get far into the project, then decide you need to add lighting to completed walls or adjust the size of a window. The designer’s input from the beginning of the project is invaluable to achieve the best final outcome.
- Communication: Always keep lines of communication open and clear between yourself, your interior designer and your contractors. Establish patterns and ongoing channels of communication to use throughout the project. For example, who will complete the ordering of materials? Who will oversee installations? Effective communication is key to keep the project moving smoothly and reduce tension among those involved with your interior design.
- Requests: Put everything in writing. You may have change-order requests as the project progresses. Be sure to make these on official forms. Your contractor or decorator should have these. Always make requests clear, and sign and date each one. As part of your communication process, also establish how these requests will be handled.
Don’t Settle for Less
Lastly, look for the best in the industry. A top-quality interior designer in Murfreesboro, TN will ensure you achieve the home décor you desire. For the best results, partner with the professionals at Peddler Interiors & Gifts. We are committed to providing an exceptional experience for each of our clients.
We work closely with builders to help you create the design you want. From the floor to the ceiling, we have the creative ideas to make your living space look and feel phenomenal.